Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Long way to go....

After today's swim, I realized I have a loooonnng way to go. We learned how to put on our wetsuits and learned some interesting tricks of the triathlon trade. For example, we were told that if we needed to relax, that its totally normal to pee in our wetsuits while swimming. And after doing a .75 mile swim in 40 minutes, I just may have to pee in my wetsuit. Ohhhhh....I'll have to let you in on the gory details when I write my debriefing blog after the event.

While I feel I've made some progress in terms of my physical shape and most people who have seen me recently will agree, I still have a way to go before I'm considered to be in premier athletic shape. This is just part of my journey to getting there. But I'll be there, you can count on it. In a few months, you can't count on washing shirts and socks on my abs.

During the swim, I really felt fatigued at about the .6 mile part. Just over the half way mark. I really need to swim more for longer periods of time. I need to get started ASAP on swimming.

The next four weeks will be intense and I expect to break thru some plateau's I've been reaching, as well as loosing some extra baggage on my body.

Also, I heard from an old friend. A friend who could be more....if she wanted to be. But she's hung up on some issues from her past that aren't allowing her to see me as a clear possibility. What frustrates me is that even though we have great chemistry and are good friends, she is almost easily willing to give it up, without giving it a try. But like her, I don't feel pressure to make this work....At least not yet. In a sense, that should be good. Shouldn't it?! Or does that just mean that neither of us really care enough to try? Anyway, here's to you my friend. Its been good a ride and I look forward to what will happen. No matter what that may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home