Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Run from hell....

Yesterday, I experienced what was clearly the most painful training session I've ever endured. Like Method Man I say "Bring the Pain." The people I'm raising money for go through much worse.

But alas, let me give some details. I showed up at 6:20pm on Tuesday, January 25, ready for the 6:30 run. Warmed up and in full running gear, I approached our normal meeting spot for the team run. We began our 5.2 mile run, with a 20 minute warmup around the southern loop of Central Park and up the hills. It was a physically painful and humbling experience. I realized exactly how out of shape I really am. Although I've lost over 50 lbs, I'm not nearly where I need to be, which is about 70 to 80 lbs from where I am now, which is 250lbs. I started at 303 lbs, which is not where I'll ever be again, but its good to remind myself where I've been so I don't revisit it.

Today, I found myself in pain, as I walked. Not straight, or upstairs, but walking downstairs. Its weird. I'm sure I'll be better. God knows I need to swim tonight. If only to flush out the the lactic acid in my legs.

It feels good to be alive and feel these things again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home