Friday, January 07, 2005

Fringe Benefits of Training....

Today, was an interesting day with Team in Training or TNT. Today was not a training day, but a day for TNT happy hour. After I had a drink with a coworker, I went from the west side of midtown over to Turtle Bay. As I entered, I found myself in amazement as a heterosexual male. Most of the people there, were women, as is in group training sessions. However, I usually don't see most of my teammates outside of running gear and sweats. Today though was a different story. It was a great moment to see many of teammates in office wear or dolled up specifically for this event. I was in awe as I saw many beautiful women, some of whom were not immediately recognizable.

I'm not sure if its because I'm getting in better shape, or if people were just more friendly due to the bonding thats occurred through training or if they were just buzzed, but I found myself being introduced and introducing myself to many women that I normally would not have access to. It felt great. Ahhh....besides raising money for a good cause and getting in shape, I also have another motivation. It was good to see it or them in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home